Monday, August 10, 2009

so it's been awhile...


so i have decided to start blogging again, since i have some things going on. i must say i have missed it and miss reading other blogs....

being engaged makes you realize how much marriage is going to change you. and usually i don't like saying things "change me", it scares me into thinking i am becoming someone else. i am reading this book called Sacred Marriage and the cover says this statement, "what if God designed marriage to make us holy more than to make us happy?" this statement alone has already rocked my view of what marriage is all about.

the Lord has really been asking me, "what is going to make you more holy, and make you look more like me??" i feel that we get caught up in "what is going to make me happy??" like we are entitled to so much, when really that is not true. what is going to make me more holy and make me glorify my Lord right now in this phase of life is marriage. and the amazing thing about God is that when you decide to choose holiness over happiness, you are filled with inexpressible joy. i cannot even put into words the joy i feel about marrying josh. i am excited to be changed into a more holy woman.

marriage will change me, and thank God it will.

2 comments:

  1. Cate! I just read that you're reading Sacred Marriage...that's the one I read the summer before we got married--such a great message. Hope you're enjoying it! Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i LOVE Sacred Marriage!!! i'm half way through it :) and the reason i was intrigued to read it was because of the quote on the front of the book. crazy!

    ReplyDelete